- Posted by admin
- On August 29, 2016
- 0 Comments
- internet research services
There was a time when the word ‘research’ brought to mind a library stacked with books, reading room with chairs and tables, serious faced scholars making notes in silence and spending hours, days, months or even years in finding what they wanted. The concept of research has changed since the internet has been introduced. One can sit at home and access information that is circulated from every part of the world. All that you need is an internet connection and a PC, laptop or any hand held device. Enter the name of the topic or related words in a search engine and within seconds, the information is on your screen. You find what you need and even beyond, astounding you to know that so much information is already available on the topic in which you are still groping.
All this sounds very simple; indeed it is much easier than conventional library research. One might think, what is the fun in doing research when hordes of data are available and flying across the world with great speed? The point to note is that the scope of work has also expanded with the advent of the internet. A business man who wants to research the market cannot confine himself to little geographical boundaries; his market spreads across the world. He has to carry out research on a global scale. He must keep himself abreast with knowledge and development in his products and services. He must keep updating himself regarding progress in his field. Hence, internet research as its own value in the modern world.
Using Search engines
A search engine is a programme that identifies items and elements in a database that correspond to key words or characters specified by a user. The search engine enables a browser to find related sites on the World Wide Web. World Wide Web is a huge database of user submitted content where you can access an astronomical number of informative sources. The World Wide Web can be freely accessed by anyone. Internet Research is the practice of using internet for finding free information. While browsing the internet may be for any reasons like entertainment, whiling away time, internet research is a serious and focussed activity; it is not aimless but purposeful.
There are different search engines and they function in different ways. Google and Ask.com are link ranking engines, which mean they consider the relevance and importance of the links that link to a website and the sites the website links to. On the other hand, Yahoo and AltaVista rank by general content. They look at keywords in meta-tags and in the webpage s content. Therefore, different search engines provide different results.
If you are unable to find the required information, you can go for advanced search. The advanced search feature on Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask.com and other popular search engines accomplish the same goal.
Why Internet Research?
Today, internet research has become a key factor in expanding business. If you want your business to flourish you must be well-prepared and armed with information regarding your industry and market. This can be generated by internet research.
- Internet research enables you to know the status of your product in the market
- It keeps you informed about what your competitors are doing
- It provides clues and ideas for innovation
- It allows you to go through literature related to your products and services
- It gives you access to Facebook pages and white papers published by other manufacturers
- It provides additional information about the product
- It enables you to understand the specific needs of the global market
- It gives you an idea about your target market
- It makes you aware of swaying trends
- It is a quick way of assessing huge amount of data
Internet research services
Once you are convinced that internet research is essential for the growth and development of your business and start browsing through search engines, you will find that it is not as easy as it seems to be. In the first place, it is very time consuming. As you visit sites, they will lead you to more and more links and there is no end. You may not be satisfied with the results on one search engine so you are tempted to try the others. You may begin with one topic in mind and you will find yourself proceeding in tangential direction, ending up with something quite different from what you started with!! Even after finding enough information, the data that is accumulated is of no use until it is analysed, classified and presented systematically. It becomes impossible for you to manage the bulk of data and it leaves you in a confused state of mind.
Internet research service providers assist you with the tedious and time-consuming task.
- Collecting data from various sources on the internet
- Tapping all available search engines
- Sieving through data
- Analysis of data
- Classification and tabulation
- Numbering, bulleting and filing
- Setting methods for easy access
- Study of data and providing suggestions and recommendations
Strategic tips to use the internet
- Although internet research is inevitable for your business, you need to be wary regarding its validity. So do not rely on the internet exclusively. Complement your research with library research.
- Narrow your research topic; it will prevent you from being overwhelmed.
- Keep a detailed record of the sites you visit. Keep a permanent record. It can be useful to you in future.
- Double –check the URLs if you have to mention the sources; you are likely to make mistakes
- Do not side track while browsing. Stick firmly to your topic. Decide what exactly you want to know.
- Create a group. You can exchange information.
iTIVIA technologies specializes in aggregating content from a wide variety of sources including paper, word files, PDF, web sites, CD ROMs and other electronic media. The company provides expert services in online research, creating lists of target websites, mining for content on News and Current Affairs, summarizing the contents as per client’s specifications and web-to-web entry for updating online stores.
- Online research and building databases. Gathering data from websites and storing as per any structured database format for delivery.
- Searching the web and creating lists of target websites and collecting information from these sites.
- Mining for content on News and Current Affairs articles
- Web Research and Online Data Entry or Web-to-Web Entry for updating online stores
- Summarizing the contents as per client’s specifications